Thu, 9 April 2015
Sponsored by http://www.PodcastProdigy.com
In this episode, I talk with Lee Cockerell, the former Executive Vice President of Operations for Walt Disney World who has led teams of more than 40,000 employees and been responsible for 20 resort hotels, 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, and more!
In our discussion, we cover:
- The 2 driving forces that have propelled Lee towards huge success despite not having a college degree
- How to prioritize the areas of your life so you can go from surviving to thriving
- The key to time management: knowing when and how to say 'no'
- Why, in your business, you need to "put on a show" of professionalism no matter what
- The most important question to ask yourself every day to maintain your focus
- How a little resourcefulness can go a long way in terms of forming a great business without spending a fortune
- Lee's top tips for the best way to grow your business, including his wife's advice about mastering the art of pricing
- How to effectively use (and not abuse) social media so your customers are actually excited to see your posts
...and more about creating the illusion of magic - the 3 things Disney focuses on, especially in terms of who the company hires.