Mon, 4 May 2015
Today, I speak with Dale Partridge, the creator of multiple multi-million dollar businesses including Sevenly, a clothing and design company that donates $7 of every purchase to charity.
In our conversation, we cover:
- How shifting his mindset from making lots of money to helping people lead Dale to creating $10 million in revenue, being featured on the covers of magazines, and traveling the world
- Dale's golden rule for layoffs and why it's crucial that we humanize the process
- The 4 eras most companies go through - including deception - and how to break the cycle so your company remains in the honest era for good
- Why more companies need to create a better version of capitalism that values people over profits (they'll end up making more money in the long-run)
- How to develop effective leadership skills and have the courage to champion the causes you believe in
- Dale's fear-fighting exercise...make a list of plan B options and build a safety net for yourself
...and a bit more about why, as consumers, we need to evaluate the integrity of the companies we support so we can shut down the deceitful ones and elevate the honest ones.